Wednesday 8 January 2014

3 and a bit weeks to go

A month today I will have spent the morning cycling round Lake Taupo and then the night at the Discovery Lodge, at the top of something that sounds fun to climb up.
Of course, it's not exactly a month today, it's a month yesterday or something as it'll be tomorrow in a month in NZ (!) I'm definitely not a natural physicist.

Checked in with my roomie Jan and discussed strategies for minimal packing this week. Not sure her hair straighteners are an essential cycling tour item.

I've sorted my currency out and now my dream of running through Hobbiton looks real, my leg seems normal dare I say it. X ray showed no bone damage. I've not run on it though, yet! Rarely for me, actually feel in no rush to don the trainers. Sense prevails for once (take note parentals!)

I've been researching swimming pools and there's lots en route. Expect it'll be nice for my under-carriage to have a break from the saddle, 4 weeks is a cycling big PB (Painful Bottom haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment