Thursday 19 December 2013

The drama of my sore leg has taken over the last week, in my usual slightly dramatic fashion I had a few micro doubts about the trip but then I also knew it would take more than a sore shin to stop me anyway.

I remember how painful my knee was on lejog until the saddle height was changed, mind over matter is never really too much of a challenge, when there is a goal in sight and ibuprofen to hand!

So, I've been pedalling away like a hamster on red bull in the kitchen, going for intervals over endurance as I suspect that's not going to be too much of an issue with so much to look at going up those climbs. As wise American Al said, on a trip like this, you get your cycling legs as the days roll by.
With no running on the cards for a bit it's also a welcome switch off after work.

So no list and no bike box yet, plenty of time! Six weeks to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment