Monday 3 March 2014

Brisbane to Dubai to Heathrow to Le nid

I'd stealed myself for 20hours to Dubai but hadn't accounted for stoppage times so it was a mere 14! 
Which passed with no worries indeed, I had quite a few reasonable sleeps and the salmon we concluded was actually very tasty!
Watched Philomena and nearly cried, later watched Bill Nighy in About Time and definitely cried. Think there's some raging emotions at the flood gates/imminent Heathrow security gates!
So at Dubai, Phil and I said goodbye to my roomy, with the promise of an epi-blog next week and the usual discussions of further cycling plans for 2014 and well beyond. Jan had used her airmiles to upgrade herself for the last push to Manchester. One last (mile high!) southern comfort and lemonade perhaps?!

I then went off to make use of the showers here, impressive security to stop intruders to the ladies shower area! 

Perused the duty free. I turned down a trolley to push all my ever-increasing toot around in and the arabian man seemed so taken with my powers he bowed and put his fist to his chest!! Haha๐Ÿ˜„ I'm going to assume the majority of arabian women don't enjoy the exercise of lugging everything about! 

Adding the bike box to the mix in London is gonna be rather entertaining, 1 arm is already trailing notably lower than the other oo ooo ooo๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

(Later)
Last push to Heathrow was smooth, moved my seat to front of row so lots of fidgeting room, although you do get the proximity of any weirdos who need to pace up and down for hours on end. Fortunately I love a bit of people watching. 7hours later I had major ants in my pants to whizz through passports and  get my bike back. After badgering the men in luminous jackets enough times they took pity and out came my box, bid farewell to Phil (who was well aware of my eagerness to see who was waiting through the nothing to declare) and sped as fast as I could into his arms.
He had to gently remind me after a period of time that even though we had Monday off, we probably didn't want to spend it on the concourse๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Summary: The best bike holiday adventure I could have wished for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment