Saturday 1 March 2014

Auckland Hotel to Airport to City to Airport to Hotel to Airport to Brisbane

I think we might have had our latest night of February last night as it was gone 11pm by the time it was bedtime story and lights out chez Katie et Jan!! 
My sleep pattern seems to have regressed the last few days to that of a young child in December, who keeps waking up thinking is it today? Do I get to see him yet?! One more non-sleep to go😃
We all met for 7.30am breakfast and were off to Auckland on the first of many bus trips today. The hotel is unfortunately on an industrial park outside of Auck, near the airport. Great for airport access, not so great for a quick nip into the city, but undeterred the three of us were off. No point wasting the best part of a day in a motel, there's enough loafing about to come.
While on the bus on the way into Auckland vowel humour yet again raised it's head. 'e' (as in pen) is pronounced as 'i' (as in pin) and 'i' as 'e' in kiwi land, so I had a little smirk at "Coming up to the first of our six stops". 
On the Milford boat only our table seemed to keep chortling at all the deck-related warnings: "Slippery on deck"....you get the idea haha.
Jan and Phil trotted off to get the ferry to Devonport and I went off to The Tepid Baths!! May as well end the holiday as it started, in the pool. 
My shoulders certainly enjoyed a good unravelling after all that cycling and I bashed out 100 lengths quite comfortably.
Ulterior motive was also to try and wear myself out a bit to aid some snoozing later, it'll never work haha, all too exciting!!
Bought myself a couple of sports bra tops (well, they're light!) as plenty of activities on the cards the next six months and it'll be nice to be reminded of this energetic country in dark times😄
Pleased that I managed to get myself on the right buses back to the hotel, just in time for a last little bit of r&r with our workaholic leader:
We all made it through the airport weigh in, bike boxes now pleasingly lower in weight, much like my roomy I would wager!
On board we were kept entertained by a film and my hourly blog review, fun reminiscing about a really marvellous holiday! 
Mid flight our neighbours became ruffled by being in the 'service deadspot', having been served last and then missed by the drinks. Being adjacent I cheerily piped up we had also unfortunately been missed and 'suffered' the same hardship on the way out as well as today. 15minutes later along came some champagne for us all, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment