Monday 10 February 2014

Feilding to Otaki

Otaki beach
What a simply perfect day out on the bikes! 4 hours of fantastic roads and warmth!!
Holiday mode is well and truly engaged today for the whole group, I say this as I type sat in the garden at today's motel soaking up some rays😃
So, for the most part we were on back roads with only some short stretches on Highway 1. There's a hard shoulder for cycling on, when we're on there. So you can keep away from the trucks and heavy log transporters. I've only had one beep (quite typically for no reason at all) so I just waved back haha (gone are the days of being intimidated by drivers hiding in their tin cans!) I do think of you waving like that my love❤️
Generally drivers have been fine and no problems.
It was a flat fast day, except for a mile of pebbly road where I walked (my bike nor elbow would thank me for attempting it, though jan and phil did). 
Was fun to put my foot down after to catch everyone up, a sudden flat dry day made me feel on full beans and phil collins was back on a happy loop.
It was actually so glorious it was impossible to not smile away to myself zipping along. 
Saw some kittens on the roadside today and had a fleeting thought of popping the alive one in my rucksack as a little furry companion. 
Got to Otaki and then we walked 4km to the beach, a 40km stretch of unspoilt coast, really glad decided to walk there. Had had a notion of swimming but only waded up to my knees in the end. Will get in the sea another day!
60 very fun miles today.
P.s Note to Al/Michael: a trail of postcards are on their way, Jan's not looking at her phone, she asked me to mention.
P.p.s She's busy eying up properties on a daily basis here so it's uncertain whether more than some postcards will make it back!


No comments:

Post a Comment