Thursday 13 February 2014

Rest day (!) in Welly


A change of gear today, no cycling! Time to give the buttocks a little rest and a day free to explore Wellington.
Steve, our leader, absolved all responsibilty for us and we were free to run amoch.
So run I did. Couldn't resist an 8am jaunt along the quayside and round a few bays, really glorious in the sun and a perfect start to the day. 
We all stowed our bags in the van and the bikes in the basement and took what we needed for the day. Jan and phil went for a long walk to mount victoria and I went off to hunt breakfast in the sun, then coffee in the sun then reading in the sun! Then thought time to escape the rays and paid my second visit to a kiwi pool. What a location for a pool and feeling part inspired by Mark Allen in my Iron War book and part by the fit fellows in adjacent lanes I decided to try one of the pools suggested workouts-2500m later it was lunchtime! Time for some more sun and sushi.
Spent the rest of the day wandering about, with the challenge of buying things that wont take me over my baggage allowance. Might have to cull some items!! Was 'forced' to buy new sunglasses as both old pairs with me have been obliterated, oh well๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž
So now we've regrouped ready for the 8pm ferry. Exciting for several reasons, 1: the scenery,2: steves sea sickness and 3: typically by 8.30pm we're all in bed drinking hot chocolates, so a late wild night is in store!

It's now 9.40pm, the ferry was late leaving but we're lucky to be on it with the debacle of one ferry having lost a propellor, so we're on the freight one! Thankfully we've still managed to source some hot chocolates for our usual bedtime routine! Every night before lights off I read Jan a bed time story, the daily blog. Just been forced to read the whole thing, the Omnibus edition! 
It was a bit chilly on here but thankfully Jan's sunburn/ solar panel body is working a treat here next to me. 
Night night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment